Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Cheney and Rumsfeld: Old-Timers At Wiretapping

Found this on the Pensito Review, from a link on Buzzflash (yeah, running through these links can be a chore, but it’s usually rewarding). It seems that back in the ‘70s, during the reign—er, presidency of Gerald Ford, all this telephone surveillance business popped up. This is a great little q and a piece on what was said and how what was said was basically truthiness.

The final paragraph in the article is the one that sends up the red flags....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/custom/attack/bal-te.analysis12may12,0,2605696.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines

_______________________________________________
When these practices came to light as part of a 1976 investigation into intelligence abuses, President Gerald R. Ford extended executive privilege, which shielded those involved from testifying publicly, to the telecommunications companies on the recommendation of then chief-of-staff Dick Cheney and then-Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, according to the Project on Government Oversight.
________________________________________________

These guys are persistent, if nothing else.

Comments:
I know it's tough for Rumsfeld and the cabal to tell the truth, but I persisted.

"Who kills more life on earth," I asked, "the Bush Administration or avian flu?"

He replied, "I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said. But I know what I think. And, well, I assume it's what I said."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?