Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

Bush: So Unsophisticated He Just Can't Talk Like Them Democrats...

Poor George Bush: he just doesn’t have as sophisticated a vocabulary than those elitist Democrats. I mean, he had to go to Harvard and Yale, after all, and he’s just a pore Texass boy, couldn’t larn all them fancy east coast words…

The folksier he gets, the more nauseated we become. I guess he appeals to those West Texas folks, the poor-whites of east Texas, the high-school drops outs from the rust belt, and those folks he identifies with (huh?).


Bush: 'Cut and run' rhetoric result of less 'sophisticated vocabulary'
10/11/2006 @ 2:41 pm
Filed by RAW STORY
http://www.rawstory.com/printstory.php?story=3524
United States President George W. Bush today claimed that a less "sophisticated vocabulary" than that used by Democrats justified his characterization of their Iraq policy as "cut and run."
Advertisement

Bush made the comments at a news conference in the White House Rose Garden this morning.

A transcript of the exchange follows:
#

QUESTION: One of the things Democrats complain about it is the way you portray their position –

BUSH : Oh, really?

QUESTION: – in wanting to fight the war on terror. They would say you portray it as either they support exactly what you want to do or they want to do nothing.

BUSH : Hmm.

QUESTION: We hear it in some of your speeches. Is it fair to portray it to the American people that way?

BUSH : Well, I think it's fair to use the words of people in Congress or their votes. [Laughs.] The vote was on the – on the Hamdan legislation, do you want to continue a program that enabled us to interrogate folks or not?

And all I was doing was reciting the votes. I – I – I would – I would cite my opponent in the 2004 campaign when he said there needs to be a date certain from which to withdraw from Iraq. I characterize that as cut-and-run because I believe it is cut and run. In other words, I've been using their votes or their words to characterize their positions.

QUESTION: But they don't say "cut and run."

BUSH : Well, they may not use "cut and run," but they say "date certain" as to when to get out before the job is done. That is cut and run. You know, I – nobody's accused me of having a real sophisticated vocabulary. I understand that. And maybe their – their words are more sophisticated than mine, but when you pull out before the job is done, that's cut and run as far as I'm concerned. And that's cut and run as far as most Americans are concerned.

And so yeah, I'm going to continue reminding them of their words and their votes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?